And our business is fully on board and will be lending a Helping Hand!
In May 2013 cancer survivor and local lady, Linda Bishop will be beating formidable boundaries to raise £25,000.00 for specialist Complementary Therapy equipment at St Michael’s Hospice in Hereford and needs your support.
This unique Herefordshire walk will take place from 6th – 26th May 2013 starting and ending at Kington with Linda walking approximately 10 miles a day across varied terrain. The mission is nearly 200 miles and will take three weeks to complete.
Linda is undertaking the challenge to say thank you St Michaels Hospice for all their help, support and treatment during her own cancer battles.
Linda’s journey began in 2011 when she was referred to Day Hospice at St Michael’s Hospice with recurring Parotid tumours which she had been suffering with since her early 30’s. Ever the fighter and with the aid of the Hospice’s Complementary Therapies Team, Linda’s gritty determination now sees her back to health.
Many businesses, including ours are getting involved - sponsoring and supporting Linda’s challenge in aid of St Michael’s Hospice.
There are many ways in which your business, organisation, school, council or group can lend a Helping Hand and support this amazing endeavour:
1. Are you a Parish Council? If so, are based in Herefordshire? Then organise a ‘Green Trek’ in your Parish. The Helping Hand Company is launching an ‘Every Bag Counts’ litter pick scheme. Between 6th-26th May we will be providing FREE volunteer guides, assistance in organising your event and litter collection, but most importantly for every bag of litter collected we will donate directly to St Michael’s Hospice. For more information please contact Lindsay Richmond, on 01531635678 or email email@example.com
2. Can you lend a Helping Hand on Thursday 16th May?[/bold] Come and join us for our own 'Green Trek' litterpick in our hometown of Ledbury. For more information please contact Lindsay Richmond, on 01531635678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Join corporate sponsors such as The Helping Hand Compnay, Trekitt Mountain Sports, Ady Watts Personal Training,TPG Disable Aids and Minimal Risk Consultancy to sponsor a day of Linda’s walk. Contact Victoria Bishop at email@example.com
4. Attend a pre-walk event or join the walk for a day? Please watch the Just Giving Page above and the Hospice’s website www.st-michaels-hospice.org.uk
5. Or you can donate! Donate direct to Linda’s Beating Boundaries campaign by visiting www.justgiving/LindaBishop