Development Fabrication Engineer
This is a full time role: Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4:30pm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with exciting new projects in a research & development environment for a company with an enviable reputation in homecare and rehabilitation equipment for young and old.
You will bring your strong engineering and fabrication abilities with the scope to broaden your skills/interest into design and engineering.
Previous experience of working within a machining, welding, fabrication or manufacturing facility. With the capacity to build and engineer solutions. An understanding of electronics is ideal but not essential. A methodical way of working to tight deadlines.
- Supporting the engineering departments projects with prototypes
- Testing designs with jigs and test rigs
- Reading drawings and turning them into working models
- Maintain a tidy and positive working environment
Key Skills for the role that will need to be evidenced during the interview process include:
- Reading engineering drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work with metal, wood and plastics
- Ability to prioritise tasks, to quickly learn and absorb new and challenging tasks
- Willingness to learn and adapt new skills
Based in Ledbury, Herefordshire, The Helping Hand Company is a market leading British manufacturer and supplier of a range of daily living aids, helping people to maintain their independence at home. In the UK, we supply Healthcare customer’s including the NHS, leading Private Hospital groups and retailers, as well as having an expanding e-commerce and Export presence.
Apply online or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org