Senior Production Planner
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Production Planner to join our manufacturing business based in Ledbury.
Working with our Planning and Buying Team you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and monitoring of the production activities. You will ensure that materials are in place for successful manufacture of our medical products.
We are transferring to a new IFS ERP system so an exciting time to join us. You will play an active role in tailing our production control procedure to the workflow of our ERP system.
- Creating and Maintaining a Master Schedule for all items produced and finally assembled on the Ledbury site.
- Maintaining all MRP settings keeping them up to date and accurate.
- Providing, communicating and monitoring a daily & weekly shop floor plan.
- Keeping accurate stock figures, planning material requirements, and placing orders on suppliers
- The Senior Production Planner will familiarise themselves with the group of products for which responsible.
- Lead the monthly master production schedule (MPS) planning process. Ensuring the MPS is agreed with all parties and clearly displayed and communicated.
- Update IFS (ERP system) to reflect the MPS, including appropriate MS1, MS0 and S&OP forecasts, ensuring IFS then drives the appropriate MRP, CRP requirements.
- Lead the weekly planning process and agree the following weeks production plan with the Works Manager.
- Liaise with the Production Manager in agreeing a forecast of sales requirements. Reviewing the effect of any increase/decrease in forecast on MRP and resultant stock levels.
- Create and maintain systems to monitor adherence to MRP settings and take action accordingly. For example, monitoring actual production lead times against MRP lead time – either then adjusting MRP or working with the Works Manager to get lead times improved.
- Review daily MRP Workbench to resolve shortfalls, over stocks, etc. Not only solving the issue in the short term, but putting in place solutions to prevent recurrence in the MRP system or by informing the Production Manager of issues that need resolving to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor progress monthly, weekly and daily against the MPS and weekly plan. Consulting and informing of any adjustments necessary – according to priorities, constraints and customer requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and negotiate as necessary about price, lead times and batch sizes. Required to visit suppliers.
- Ensure that stock levels are kept as reasonably low as possible, taking account of value and reliability of supply.
- Progress suppliers over late deliveries, or changes to stated delivery dates. Any problems likely to affect production notify the Production Manager.
- All prices will be kept under review and any significant changes/requests will be notified to the Production Manager.
- Ensure that suppliers are producing to the latest specification and that any modifications are forwarded without delay to the supplier and the parts description is updated on ERP system.
- Ensure that the ERP system reflects the latest cost prices on the company’s products. Any significant change up or down will be notified to the Production Manager.
- Produce a detailed production plan raising shop orders and checking that there is capacity. Any shortfall/excess capacity bring to the Works Manager’s attention.
- Keep details of rejected items, liaising with Engineering / Suppliers / Accounts where necessary.
- Help co-ordinate stock checks and investigate any major discrepancies which may show up.
- Co-ordinate cut-in dates for new products and modifications, balancing stock as required. Minimising any stock write offs.
- Liaise with the Sales Department informing them of lead times on a weekly basis and of any production delays/problems which may affect the delivery times of range of products.
- Where necessary, organise/arrange special dispatches and export shipments.
Based in Ledbury, Herefordshire, The Helping Hand Company is a market leading British manufacturer and supplier of a range of daily living aids, helping people to maintain their independence at home. In the UK, we supply Healthcare customer’s including the NHS, leading Private Hospital groups and retailers, as well as having an expanding e-commerce and Export presence.
Apply online or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org